Corporate Social Responsibility & Charitable Giving
At the American Institutes for Research® (AIR), we are driven by a shared purpose of building a better, more equitable world. From tackling intractable social challenges through the AIR Equity Initiative, to volunteering in our local communities, all of us are part of a global team contributing to positive social change.
Global Progress, Rooted in Communities
We unlock pathways for opportunity in communities where AIR staff live and work worldwide.
Giving@AIR is a cornerstone of AIR culture, where:
- Stepping out of our comfort zones into communities where we can make a difference is valued and celebrated.
- Our evidence and expertise are shared with charitable organizations that can use them to make a difference.
- All staff can learn from and connect with the people and places at the root of our mission toward building a better, more equitable world.
Partnerships for Progress
We partner with nonprofits growing resilience in communities where we live and work. Along with financial support, we forge relationships with the people and organizations at the root of our mission through learning, advocacy, and volunteerism.
AIR Champions for Change
AIR’s Champions for Change staff volunteerism program recognizes AIR employees who have demonstrated significant commitments to making a difference in their communities through their time, skills, and expertise.
In times of crisis, we respond with compassion to urgent humanitarian needs. We partner with organizations that offer safety, stability, and opportunity to support those affected in rebuilding their lives.
AIR-Wide Opportunities and Events
AIR hosts events and activities for our globally dispersed staff to take part in directing our charitable funds and nurture a sense of belonging in our community of giving, learning, and action.
Stories of Service
- AIR was named a finalist in the employee engagement campaign category of Ragan Communications’ 2023 CSR and Diversity Awards. The award recognizes excellence and innovation in the efforts of global organizations and companies working to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Read the announcement.
- AIR staff celebrated Giving Tuesday by voting on their favorite charities working in AIR’s focus areas of health, education, food security and nutrition, economic opportunity, and justice. Read the announcement.
- AIR’s Megan Eccleston launched Find the Helpers and built a “mask empire” for the COVID-19 response. Learn how.
- The AIR Stars & Stripes employee resource group organized a care package drive to support service members, featured in the publication Diversity in Action. Read the article.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is proud to partner with the American Institutes for Research in support of refugees and internally displaced people worldwide. AIR’s generous support has enabled NRC to advance its work helping people forced to flee. NRC works in crises across more than 40 countries, providing life-saving and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
- Annicken Saxlund, Global Corporate Relations Director, Norwegian Refugee Council
Living the AIR Values
Charitable giving is one of the many ways AIR brings our values to life. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; discover our employee resource groups, which drive visibility and action around important social issues; and follow us on social media for the latest stories of AIR’s charitable giving and community service.
In the past year, we supported the following organizations through Giving@AIR initiatives:
- Norwegian Refugee Council
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières
- Mississippi Food Network
- Team Rubicon
- Taller Salud
- She’s the First
- Black Women's Health Imperative
- Meals on Wheels America
- The Hunger Project
- First Nations Development Institute
- Women for Women International
- Heartland Alliance International
- Coalition for Juvenile Justice