Center on Great Teachers and Leaders
From 2012-2019, the Center on Great Teachers and Leaders (GTL Center) was a national content center under the federally funded Comprehensive Center Network, providing support to state education agencies and districts in all 50 states. Today, AIR continues to operate the GTL Center and offer services across a range of core evidence-based talent management strategies.
The Center on Great Teachers and Leaders (GTL Center) is a national content center funded from 2012-2019 by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, and Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education. Today, AIR continues to operate the GTL Center and offer services across a range of core evidence-based talent management strategies.
The GTL Center is dedicated to supporting state education leaders in all 50 states in their efforts to grow, respect, and retain great teachers and leaders for all students including English Language Learners and students with disabilities. It provides technical assistance and online resources designed to help states build systems that
- support the implementation of college and career standards;
- ensure equitable access to effective teachers and leaders;
- recruit, retain, reward, and support effective educators;
- develop coherent and aligned human capital management systems;
- create safe teaching and learning conditions that promote the development of cognitive, social, and emotional skills; and
- use data to guide professional development and improve instruction.